Considering a career as a financial services professional? Or, are you a licensed agent ready to take the next steps to a more satisfying career? At Asurea, we know you have a lot of questions, especially in the COVID-19 era. Here’s what to expect.
Is Asurea still hiring?
Yes, Asurea remains open and is actively recruiting qualified individuals nationwide.
How is Asurea conducting job interviews during Shelter-In-Place?
Recruiting managers are responsible for coordinating interviews but in general first interviews are usually conducted by phone with the hiring manager and include follow-up interviews in-person or by phone/video conference. We recommend that the social distancing protocols
from the Federal Social Distancing Guidelines be followed during in-person interviews (wear a mask, don’t shake hands, sit 6 feet apart, etc.).
What if I don’t feel well on the day of my in-person interview?
If you are sick on the day of your interview, please contact the hiring manager or recruiter to reschedule.
Are the positions you are hiring for required to work at an office or can I work from home?
During the COVID-19 outbreak, telework is highly encouraged for positions with duties that can be accomplished remotely. However, some Asurea staff positions require you to be in office.
What tips do you have for candidates preparing for a virtual interview?
Reliable technology is the basis for a successful virtual interview. Do a test run well before your appointment. Give it your full attention by minimizing distractions, and sitting down prepared, dressed for the part. And, of course, psych yourself up for success!
- Test your technology(s) — Make sure your internet connection and video conferencing program are both working well prior to your interview.
- Dress appropriately (yes, even for video conferencing) — Dressing for success is no less important for remote interviews. Dress appropriately, as you would for an in-person interview, and ensure your surroundings are tidy.
- Do your homework – visit our website, our Facebook page, and Instagram page to learn a little bit more about us. Be prepared to share what you want out of a career, the environment you excel in, the management style you work best with, and the things that drive you.
- Be personable — Make eye-contact and generally engage with the interviewer to demonstrate your enthusiasm for the role (if video teleconferencing).
- Remove distractions — Ensure you’re fully engaged with the interviewer by removing all distractions, including your cell phone and find a quiet area in your house to limit any background noises that can inhibit the sound of the microphone on your device.
- Follow-up — Send a follow-up note to your interviewer, thanking them for their time. Check your phone and email regularly for the next steps from the hiring team.
In years to come, you’ll look back on your choice to pursue a position with Asurea as a pivotal career move. Asurea is the solid choice, especially as COVID-19 changes the world. We at Asurea wish you the best of luck!